Friday, February 5, 2010

Sovay



Title: Sovay
Author: Celia Rees
Pages: 416
Time took to Read: 1 month
Cover Rating: 5/5
Plot Rating: 3/5
Character Rating: 3/5
Overall Rating: 3/5

I have to say I actually really liked this book.. but it took me forever to read because I was really busy and also it kind of got really slow during the middle... I mean I liked the whole idea of the book... but some of it, was a little slow... it lost my interest. I also did not like how in the book Sovay was supposedly SO beautiful... and yet she did not know it AT ALL!!! I found it kind of unrealistic.. because if you are beautiful you normally know it... even if it is just a little... I was also not so convinced with all the characters... These are the reasons that I could not give it a better rating... but all in all I liked it... If you have read other Celia Rees books you should read it...

Plot:
It’s England, 1783. When the rich and beautiful Sovay isn’t sitting for portraits, she’s donning a man’s cloak and robbing travelers—in broad daylight. But in a time when political allegiances between France and England are strained, a rogue bandit is not the only thing travelers fear. Spies abound, and rumors of sedition can quickly lead to disappearances. So when Sovay lifts the wallet of one of England’s most powerful and dangerous men, it’s not just her own identity she must hide, but that of her father. A dazzling historical saga in which the roles of thieves and gentry, good and bad, and men and women are interchanged to riveting effect.

3 comments:

Bostan said...

Good and honest review, i will read it sometime

Lain said...

Read Pirates! first if you are going to read any of her books....

Bostan said...

I will do that!

Post a Comment