Friday, February 5, 2010

The Captive


Title: The Captive
Author: Scott O'Dell
Pages: 224
Time Took To Read: 2 days
Cover Rating: 4/5
Character Rating: 4/5
Plot Rating: 4/5
Overall Rating: 4/5

I LOVED this book!!! It is the first in "The Seven Serpents" trilogy... I originally picked this book because it was a story about the Mayans... they NEVER have actual novels about them.. and they fascinate me... So I really liked it... WONDERFUL book!!! Loved the characters, loved everything... I can't wait to read the next book!!! Till then!!!

Plot:
As part of a Spanish expedition to the New World, a Jesuit seminarian witnesses the enslavement and exploitation of the Mayas and is seduced by greed and ambition.
(sorry this plot is so short... that is all I found out when I read it... PLEASE DO NOT READ THE SUMMARY OF THIS BOOK!!!)

1 comments:

Bostan said...

Sounds good, not usually my type but sounds really good to me.

Post a Comment