Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Amethyst Ring


Title: The Amethyst Ring
Author: Scott O'Dell
Pages: 212
Cover Rating: 4/5
Character Rating: 4/5
Plot Rating: 4/5
Overall Rating: 4/5

Okay, first of all I have to say that I did LOVE this book... But..... First with the good... It was written wonderfully. The characters were SO believable... IT showed all their faults... Which I think a lot of books do not... It was wonderful... because the main character you loved... but you slowly saw him changing for the worst... It was so strange... Because you were routing for the main character, but then he would do something, and you are like, "WHAT???" It kind of reminded me of (here comes the bad) the 3rd episode of Star Wars. I always loved Anakin... But in the third one, you saw him slowly corrupted... Yet you still were rooting for him during some of it... Like you did not know what side you wanted to be on... LOVED IT!!! It just crept up so slowly... But it was kind of depressing at the same time... But in a semi-good way. So that is the only reason it could not get 5/5... I highly recommend the series.

Plot:
(I have decided not to put a plot in, if you read the first 2 books, you will defiantly read this one.)

3 comments:

Bostan said...

Hahahahha, its cute you sound geeky, love it!!! Great review!! And by the way i just fullly got that Scott O'dell wrote this book. I must not have had it register. Ha!! I feel stupid. I'm going to read a book from him soon, i feel bad because i have had the book for at least 7 years and have never read it before.

Lain said...

funny... thanks for saying I sound geeky... Love it!

Bostan said...

Love it you love it!!! Hehehehe

Post a Comment