Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Emma


Title: Emma
Author: Jane Austen
Pages: 354
Time took to read: ?
Cover Rating: 4/5
Character Rating: 4/5
Plot Rating: 4/5
Overall Rating: 4/5

I deeply loved this book... How could I not?? Jane Austen is a master mind when it comes to weaving a plot and incorporating believable characters... This was a great book and I give it full marks for everything... I just wish I had read it all in a shorter period of time... But all in all I LOVED it... I recommend it to all Jane Austen fans..

Plot:
(this is not really a plot summary, but I liked it... so I thought I would put it here instead.)

Before she began the novel, Austen wrote, "I am going to take a heroine whom no-one but myself will much like." In the very first sentence she introduces the title character as "Emma Woodhouse, handsome, clever, and rich." Emma, however, is also rather spoiled; she greatly overestimates her own matchmaking abilities; and she is blind to the dangers of meddling in other people's lives and is often mistaken about the meanings of others' actions.

8 comments:

Bostan said...

I loved that plot description. Might i be able to use it as mine?

Bostan said...

Never mind i already used something else

Lain said...

You could of, but you were not patient enough!!!! heehehehe... no... you can always use stuff like that for your blog... anytime... Though I think it was nice of you to ask.

Bostan said...

Awe thanks!!! You know me always nice!!! hehehehe
DMDMDM!!!

Bostan said...

You know when ever on my computer i come on your blog it always acts crazy!!! I really need to get my computer fixed!

Lain said...

My blog is just so awesome, that your computer can't handle it!!!! DMDMDMDM

Bostan said...

Ha!!! Well i took me so long to even comment. But i think it was worth it.

Bostan said...

I did say think. hehehehhe

Post a Comment