Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bloody Jack


Title: Bloody Jack: Being an Account of the Curious Adventures of Mary "Jacky" Faber, Ship's Boy
Author: L. A. Meyer
Pages: 278
Days took to Read: 3
Cover Rating: 3/5
Character Rating: 4/5
Plot Rating: 4/5
Overall Rating: 4/5

I LOVE this book. I have already reviewed it on this site once, but I do not think I did it full justice. I read it this second time because in my book club we are to read the squeal to it, and I wanted to refresh myself (anyway)... I love the plot, with the whole, "I am really a girl pretending to be a boy" kind of thing.... (Side note: Is in not funny that a girl can pretend to be a boy without to much "I CANT BELIEVE THAT!!!!" Going on, and without it being perverted in anyway.. (back then anyway) yet a boy could not have dressed as a girl without being thought a total pervert.... hehe I find it funny, and I think the guys probably could not have dealt with being a woman... hehe... well anyway..) I also loved the nautical theme of this book, even if it was not a pirate book. I really liked it... and I recommend it!!!!

Plot:

Jacky Faber is used to fighting for survival. For an orphan on the streets of eighteenth-century London, every day starts with begging and ends with an empty stomach. But now luck is finally on Jacky's side-- a departing warship is taking on ships boys, and Jacky jumps at the chance to pursue pirates and riches beyond imagination.

There's only one problem: Jacky is a girl. And she will have to use every bit of her spirit, wit, and courage to keep the crew from discovering her secret. This could be the adventure of her life--- If only she doesn't get caught....

1 comments:

Bostan said...

I will tell you when i am ready to start Emma so that we can start Bloody Jack soon. It will be soon. I really loved this book too.

Post a Comment