Friday, April 24, 2009

The Maiden of Mayfair


Overall: 4/5
Story Line: 4/5
Characters: 4/5

I liked this book excessively. It was about a little orphan girl named Sarah, that is taken when she was 13, (or was it 14?) to mansion to be a ward of Mrs. Blake, an elderly widow. At first it seems that she was picked at random, which confuses Sarah quite a bit, because who would want a skinny orphan girl with a crippled left hand??? If she really wanted her just because of her, she was not sure why, and why was the world does every one seem to be whispering behind her back? 

I thought it had an amazing story line, and it is a defiantly good book. The only thing I was not crazy about was that it had a slight "Christan" undertone, but all in all it was a good book!

Lain

3 comments:

Bostan said...

It sounds good! How did you hear of it??

Lain said...

I was just looking in my library, and it said it was historical fiction, so I thought I would give it a try. It is defiantly worth reading, if you have the extra time. =)

Bostan said...

Cool, i will check it out soon.

Post a Comment